Workplace Health and Safety Statement
1.1 As a sole-trader and small business, I am firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely and with all possible measures taken to remove (o at least reduce) risks to my own health, safety and welfare; and, that of my Clients, colleagues, bystanders and anyone else who may be affected by my operations.
1.2 I am committed to ensuring I comply with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (QLD), the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2008 (QLD) and applicable Codes of Practice and Australian Standards as far as possible.
2.1 As the small-business operator, I will always strive to provide and maintain:
- a safe working environment
- safe systems of work
- equipment and plant in safe condition
- compliance with the WH&S rules and regulations set in place by any commercial workspace, Client or colleague
- information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each Client, colleague or bystander is safe from injury and risks to health; and,
- a commitment to continually improve performance through effective safety management.
2.2 Clients and colleagues have an obligation to:
- comply with safe work practices to avoid injury to themselves and others
- take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others
- not tamper with or cause damage to my equipment or plant
- comply with any health or safety direction given by me
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided to them for health and safety purposes; and,
- report any and all known or observed hazards to me as soon as possible.
3.0 Application of this Policy
3.1 I seek the cooperation of all Clients, colleagues and other persons. I actively encourage suggestions for realising our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate.
3.2 This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where I am required to work in new or unfamiliar locations and environments.